Czech Senate Commitee: Cancel the ban on practicing Falun Gong method of 20 July 1999 and cancel the Office 610, .
SENATE PARLIAMENT OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC
8th TERM OF OFFICE
COMMITTEE FOR EDUCATION, SCIENCE, CULTURE, HUMAN RIGHTS AND PETITIONS
of 26 Meeting held on 23 May 2012
the preparation of the draft resolution of the Senate to end the persecution
Falun Gong members in China
(other administration No. 25/12)
After an introductory speech and justification of the committee chairman Senator Jaromir Jermář, after a presentation by a representative of Falun Gong Czech Republic after a debate
a c q u a i n t e d with
– the filing No. 25/12 „Repression of Falun Gong followers by Chinese regime”
– the method of Falun Gong, which is based on universal values of truthfulness, compassion and tolerance,
– with evidence of active and non-violent resistance of Falun Gong supporters against severe persecution by the government of the PRC,
– with attitude of the PRC government, which led to a complete ban on Falun Gong method in July 1999;
n o t e s that
– against persecution Falun Gong stand up a number of prominent world personalities and institutions, such as the Declaration of the European Parliament, Resolution No. 304 of the U.S. Congress, in Resolution No. 188 and No. 605 and in the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate of Australia No. 127,
– there is evidence that the persecution and repression of Falun Gong adherents in China is politically motivated,
– persecution of Falun Gong movement followers is in conflict with the International Pact on Civil and Political Rights, which guarantees that no person shall be deprived of his freedom to spiritual faith;
IV. s u p p o r t s
effort of Wen Jiabao, Premier of the Chinese government, to end the persecution of Falun Gong and their compensation;
C a l l s on the People’s Republic of China
– cancel the ban on practicing Falun Gong method of 20 July 1999 and cancel the Office 610,
– in the context stop the politically motivated persecution and torture of Falun Gong practitioners,
– release from Chinese prisons all the Falun Gong practitioners, who are considered as prisoners of conscience;
V. r e c o m m e n d e d
government and the President of the Czech Republic, to use all appropriate opportunities in dealing with government officials prompted the PRC to stop persecution of Falun Gong and release of all Falun Gong prisoners of conscience;
s u g g e s t s
prepare a common meeting with the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Security with the participation of representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Amnesty International and Falun Gong practitioners;
VII. r e q u i r e s
committee chairman Senator Jaromir Jermář submit this resolution to the President of the Senate, the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Security, the authors of administration No. 25/12, to the Government of Czech Republic, the President of the Czech Republic and the ambassador of People’s Republic of China in the country.
PhDr. Jaromír Jermář v. r.
prof. MUDr. Miloš Janeček, CSc. v. r.